Who are you, and what do you do?
Sophia Gracias, Creative Lady & Melbournite. Currently working full time in stationery product design. On the side I work as a surface designer and artist.
What hardware do you use?
I use an ASUS PC from many years ago that's plugged into a gaming monitor. I'm struggling to let go of it because I love it and I really dislike changing technology. Eventually I'll get a Mac and it'll be a game changer - many people have assured me of this.
When I'm making art I use various mediums, including pen, found papers & glue, or Gouache. I recently learned that a lot of people don't know what Gouache is, and I would describe it as useful watercolour-style paint. I've tried to use expensive paint brushes, but the one I got for free in a watercolour set works the best for me every time.
And what software?
I'm using Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office & Dropbox religiously. Google Docs, WeTransfer and Instagram for in between. One day I'd like to expand my software skill set and learn some CAD for 3D product and mold development.
Recently I've been using Slack, strictly outside of working hours of course. It's the only way I can get my daily quota for using the
:pray: emoji up. Also, it makes me feel connected to some pretty incredible people.
What would be your dream setup?
This reads like a wishlist for Santa Claus:
- A brand new Macbook Pro
- iPad Pro & Apple Pen
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- A Herman Miller Aeron
- A fancy Swedish style desk
- One of those taps that has fizzy mineral water freely flowing from it
- A pack of black Gel Pens that don't give my ring finger a sad little bump
- One of those Gouache Sets with Japanese writing on it (everyone on Instagram uses them and I suspect that they could be magic)
- A corner office in the Flatiron Building in NYC