What's all this?
The Setup is a collection of nerdy interviews asking people from all walks of life what they use to get the job done.
- When are new interviews posted?
- Every Tuesday and Thursday.
- Can I suggest someone to interview?
- Please! Either via email or on Twitter (see below).
- Can I suggest myself?
- I'd love it if you'd write up an interview with yourself, post it online and send me the link (or fork the site and make a pull request)! I'll add it to the Community page.
- Isn't this some sort of Apple fan site?
- Surprisingly not! People just like using their stuff.
- Can I make my own version of The Setup?
- Yeah! Everything is freely available on Github - go nuts! And let me know if you do, so I can link to it.
- Who runs The Setup?
- Daniel. I'm just some guy.
- How do I get in touch with you?
- Send an email to the fourth letter of the English alphabet, followed by the 'at' symbol, care of this domain. Or you can ping me on Twitter.
This is the hardware and software most mentioned on the site.
The popular Intel-based Mac laptop.
The super-thin Intel-based Mac laptop.
The all-in-one Mac.
The LCD display line.
The slim keyboard for Macs.
A popular, shiny smartphone.
The Intel-based Mac tower computer.
Apple's tablet device.
A digital book reader.
The infamous graphic editor.
A WebKit-based browser, where each tab runs in its own thread.
Online syncing and storage.
The very popular open-source cross-platform web browser.
A web-based office suite.
A fast web browser.
A popular vector graphics editor.
Mac OS X
The operating system for the Mac platform.
Voice and video chat software.